Efficiency Kansas is a low-cost loan program that helps Kansans like you make energy-efficiency improvements to your home, rental unit, or small business. You'll be more comfortable and spend less on energy.
- Get a home energy Audit
- Review the energy report
- Get quotes for the work
- Get the work done (assuming you've been approved for the work)
When the money was pulled we had just finished getting some quotes. We are currently pushing through our paperwork hoping to get the work done.
The quote we accepted was for about $20,000 worth of work.
- A water heater blanket
- New efficient heating and cooling
- at least R-49 insulation in the attic
- Insulation in basement
- Seal air leaks around the house
- blow in insulation in all exterior walls
- New windows
We are currently hoping and praying that we will be able to get this work done. According to the report every hour our A/C has to cool down 99% of the air again cause all the cold air leaks out.