Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Laundry Table Build

Gloria is getting tired of me putting the laundry on the couch in the family room (or is it our dining room ....) so time to build a laundry table in the basement. The problem is the budget for this project is



$0


So I must be able to build it using materials around the house. Thankfully during the bathroom demo I saved the old counter top. and I have some spare 2x4's

While the project is not complete see the budget above for the reason why I do have a functional work space. I intend to add an additional support in the middle, some 2x12's on the bottom for a shelf to store more things and a metal rod up above so I can hang clothes also while in the basement.


While building the supports I realized I only have a few long screws! I managed to find some in an old board. But maybe I can't screw straight but I screwed up those screws and bent them :( No pictures of that error.


I spaced my supports out so they would handle the 80" long counter (only like 20" deep) with ease. I do wish the counter top was deeper but oh well budgets. After installing the last support I realized I put it together wrong.


I wanted a 2x6 to run the length of the counter and to form a nice neat corner. You will see the error in the video below.






No comments:

Post a Comment