Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Carbon Monoxide Detector

Today we installed our carbon monoxide detector in our basement. 


Carbon monoxide (CO), also called carbonous oxide, is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is slightly lighter than air. It is highly toxic to humans and animals in higher quantities, although it is also produced in normal animal metabolism in low quantities, and is thought to have some normal biological functions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide


Sadly
Carbon Monoxide Statistics:
Carbon monoxide (CO) is the number one cause of poisoning deaths in the United States. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, "there are approximately 2,100 unintentional deaths from carbon monoxide (CO) every year in the U.S. and the use of CO Alarms could potentially prevent many of these fatalities." In addition, more than 10,000 CO injuries occur annually from this colorless, odorless and tasteless poison.
http://healthandenergy.com/carbon_monoxide_poisoning.htm


We installed this one:
This First Alert Plug-in Carbon Monoxide Alarm has a battery operated backup. It easily plugs into any standard outlet with no additional mounting necessary. Battery operated backup ensures alarm works even during power outages. Mute button silences any nuisance alarms. Single button also tests alarm functions. Utilizes electrochemical sensor for increased accuracy. 7-year limited warranty. Meets UL standards.
It was really easy to install. I simply inserted the back up batteries and plugged it in. Easiest safety device we have ever installed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment