Sunday, May 4, 2014

Garden Transplant Day!

We decided this year to place the garden near our main entry door. The reasoning is because if we place it anywhere else we will not check on the garden enough.




The first order of business was to clear the existing turf and place the frames for the raise garden.




Originally I wanted to space each one about a 1' apart but we ran out of space and time so we placed them all side by side.



After getting the turf removed we tilled the ground to break it up. I should've tilled the compost but I wasn't thinking at the time.


Thankfully my father-in-law gave us this amazing tiller. And it made the work super easy.




The little helpers are here they helped fill the wheelbarrow and move it. I thank God for their help




We actually used all of the compost!!! I couldn't believe it some of the frames didn't get that much :(. As you can see by the ambient lighting the sun has sat.


We were in such a rush we forgot where we planted what so it is going to make for an interesting year


Our next step is to eventually convert that down spout into a rain barrel but for now it just directs all the water to what I think is a melon... we shall see

No comments:

Post a Comment