Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2016

end of year update part 2

So here's the 2nd half of my updates

June (continued)

So it's summer.  Summer is hot.   I now work from home 3 times a week or more.
I can't keep the A/C running all the time or it take away the cost/benefit of not traveling into work all the time.  So with that in mind Phillip start updating the basement in order that I have 2 office areas.  A small corner desk in the living room and a larger desk downstairs.

.... Here's the rule:

I'm going to switch back and forth during the seasons.  It's colder in the basement so anytime it's over 80 degrees I'm headed downstairs.  It's warmer upstairs so anytime outside temps are below 70 degrees I'm going downstairs.


Here's a picture of the progress:


I know it's a bit difficult to tell, but  if you remember from our 1st video tour there is an area of the basement that was sectioned off to be a room.  It had studs and  lights already.  We've already added insulation a few years ago throughout the basement now we are putting up the drywall and Phillip has added additional plugs.

There is a long "L" corner table in the middle of the room that I purchased for $5 dollars at a garage sale.  I'm using an old kitchen chair as my desk chair.  Phillip donated his old college fridge for my water and I have a few planks of the kitchen flooring we did earlier in the year down on the floor so I'm not just walking on bare concrete.

As of December...it's still a unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment